Collection: Juliana Matsumura
Juliana Matsumura (São Paulo, 1993) lives and works in Lisbon. She graduated in Drawing at Ar.Co School, and has attended Fashion Degree at University of Sao Paulo and University of Lisbon. She is the co-founder of the art project called Incubadora DAO, focused on implementing collective projects involving arts and technology and supporting other visual artists. Matsumura is also a member of Risco Coletivo, an art collective based in Lisbon. Selected exhibitions: Corpo-Fumo curated by Tarimba Collective - Espaço Cultural Mercês (2021); Memories of Water - Quantos a4 cabem no Áquatro - curated by Tarimba Collective, Barreiro (2020); GRÃO –AiR at Antiga Capitania de Aveiro (2020); Mostra Jovens Criadores 2018 at NOVA SBE, Carcavelos (2019); Evocatório at MUTE Gallery, Lisbon (2018); Platform for Emerging Arts #18 at Leyden Gallery, London (2018) and Encontros do Olhar at Tomie Ohtake Institution, São Paulo (2016).
- Corpo-Fumo - Curadoria do Tarimba Coletivo, Espaço Cultural das Mercês, Lisboa, Portugal
- Memórias da Água - Quantos a4 cabem no Áquatro - Curadoria do Tarimba Coletivo, Barreiro, Portugal
- GRÃO -Residência Artística em Museu da Antiga Capitania de Aveiro, Portugal
- Mostra Jovens Criadores, Carcavelos, Portugal
- Evocatório na galeria MUTE, Lisboa, Portugal
- Platform for Emerging Arts #18 na Leyden Gallery, London, UK